Training and Education
ICME Training and Education
Our aim is to support your professional development in the industry and a number of one day short courses and college-based programmes are available.
Diploma in Casting
This course will be for anyone wishing to improve their knowledge of casting, technicians, supervisors - a small pilot group is meeting in the West Midlands using part-time blended learning delivery by industry experts, leading to EAL qualification and Eng Tech registration. Some grant support may be available.
The qualification can be used as the Technical Certificate (VRQ) for advanced apprentices - contact SEMTA Apprenticeship Service or ICME for more information.
Advanced apprenticeship in Casting - part-time blended learning delivery by industry experts. Pilot programme underway. Includes Diploma in Casting (EAL) and NVQs. Funding available.
ICME Certificate in Casting - 6 week taught programme to be delivered by industry experts over one year.
Foundation Degree in Casting (level 4 and 5), via blended learning using a combination of workshops and web-based delivery by Bradford College.
Short course on Casting Processes
Short courses aimed at users of castings, bespoke courses can be delivered in-company using industry experts - see below for examples or use the links to the right. Contact ICME for full details.
- 12 March 2015: High Pressure Diecasting - HP
- 24 March 2015: High Pressure Diecasting - Tooling
- 22 April 2015: Castings Design
- 13 May 2015: Gravity Diecasting
- 10 June 2015: Aluminium Metallurgy
- 25 June 2015: 7 Epsilon for ISO 9001: 2015
- 15 July 2015: Metallurgy for Non-Metallurgists
- 23 September 2015: Greensand for Foundries
- 07 October 2015: Grey and Ductile Iron Metallurgy