Training and Education
ICME Training and Education
Our aim is to support your professional development in the industry and a number of one day short courses and college-based programmes are available.
Diploma in Casting
This course will be for anyone wishing to improve their knowledge of casting, technicians, supervisors - a small pilot group is meeting in the West Midlands using part-time blended learning delivery by industry experts, leading to EAL qualification and Eng Tech registration. Some grant support may be available.
The qualification can be used as the Technical Certificate (VRQ) for advanced apprentices - contact SEMTA Apprenticeship Service or ICME for more information.
Casting Technology Programme - Level 3 Diploma and Apprenticeship
We are pleased to announce that places are now available for the 2015/16 intake of our industry leading Casting Technology Level 3 Diploma programme.
This programme has been designed by industry professionals to give candidates the technical and practical education to compete and progress in the Cast Metals industry. The purpose is to provide a deep understanding of casting processes and the underlying principles of casting.
Units Include Sand Casting, Patternmaking, Casting Design and Metallurgical Testing
The course duration is 24 months with 32 days per year of day release study.
For further information please click here to download the product sheet or contact us directly.
Advanced apprenticeship in Casting - part-time blended learning delivery by industry experts. Pilot programme underway. Includes Diploma in Casting (EAL) and NVQs. Funding available.
ICME Certificate in Casting - 6 week taught programme to be delivered by industry experts over one year.
Foundation Degree in Casting (level 4 and 5), via blended learning using a combination of workshops and web-based delivery by Bradford College.
Short course on Casting Processes
Short courses aimed at users of castings, bespoke courses can be delivered in-company using industry experts - see below for examples or use the links to the right. Contact ICME for full details.
- 01 March 2016: Metallurgy for Non-Metallurgists
- 10 March 2016: 'Tooling' for High Pressure Diecasting
- 07 April 2016: Principals of Heat Treatment
- 04 May 2016: Grey & Ductile Mertallurgy
- 12 May 2016: Aluminium Casting Metallurgy
- 28 June 2016: Metallurgy for Non-Metallurgists
- 07 September 2016: Introduction to Casting Design
- 15 September 2016: Gravity Diecasting
- 22 September 2016: Principals of Heat Treatment
- 04 October 2016: High Pressure Diecasting
- 26 October 2016: Chemically Bonded Sands
- 01 November 2016: Metallurgy for Non-Metallurgists