THE INSTITUTE OF CAST METALS ENGINEERS
Location: Covering the whole UK, with limited time in our head office which is based in the West Midlands
Salary: Negotiable on experience
Hours of work: Two days per week, 7 hours per day
The position of Business Manager for the Institute of Cast Metals Engineers (ICME) and its training arm Foundry Training Services Ltd (FTSL). The role is to enable the efficient operation and support to both business units. The position will support business development of training projects and promotion of ICME membership.
Reporting to senior officers within the institute this new role is expected to bring responsibilities as follows:
- Promote ICME Membership
- Attend quarterly Finance and General Purpose meetings to update senior officers.
- Produce quarterly KPI reports
- Hold monthly management meetings with each business stream
- Become a valuable contributor of knowledge, industry contacts, technical understanding and provide information and intelligence about the training requirements of the foundry industry.
- Identify and develop new training business, to meet employer needs, that can be delivered by ICME/FTSL.
- Promote professional development to individuals and companies throughout the foundry industry.
- Identify and develop new markets for ICME/FTSL’s range of training products.
- Develop marketing and promotional strategies through extensive industry research
- Visit existing customers on a regular basis to maintain relationships and encourage demand for future training.
The Ideal Candidate
A high calibre professional with a true passion for the foundry industry who is keen to see the industry develop further through focused training and transferrable skills.
- Self-motivated, creative, dynamic with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven success in a management, sales or business development role.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the foundry and castings sector is essential.
- A high attention to detail, excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Ability to take advantage of modern digital marketing tools.
- Have a consultative approach to meeting the training needs of organisations within the UK foundry industry.
- Knowledge of training and funding are desirable.
- Work with and support ICME and FTSL managers.
If you have the required background and experience, and believe you can make a contribution to the organisation then please forward your CV to email@example.com
Closing date: 30th November 2019
Longwear Alloys Limited
Manufacturer of Air Melt Ingots to the Investment Casting Industry.
Quality / Technical Manager
We are currently seeking an experienced Quality and Technical Manager at our foundry facility in West Bromwich.
The successful candidate must have :
Proven experience in a Quality / Technical role within a foundry environment.
Outstanding communication skills.
In depth understanding of quality control procedures and relevant aerospace standards.
Excellent statistical abilities and working knowledge of data analysis.
A keen eye to detail and a results driven approach.
Please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org