A position has arisen at Cerdic Foundries Limited for the above.
The successful candidate shall be responsible for:
- Maintaining the companies ISO accreditation; ensuring that internal audits are carried out to the agreed schedule and carrying out supplier audits. Maintaining the companies Lloyds Register accreditation; arranging visits by Lloyds inspectors and supervising them in their on-site duties. Keeping the company’s Quality Manuals up-to-date and relevant and managing the Management Review meetings.
- Logging internal scrap and managing regular meetings with both Management and shop floor. Dealing with external scrap issues / customer complaints. Dealing with and raising internal NCR’s. Dealing with external NCR’s and completing 8D reports / corrective action reports etc. Acting upon scrap issues to prevent reoccurrence. Compiling, issuing and controlling shop floor work instructions. Issuing credit notes. Applying for concessions as required.
- Heat treatment certification: both internal and external.
- Mechanical and chemical certificates. The timely sending of test material to the off-site laboratory and the timely receipt of test results. Maintaining the test records. Ensuring Lloyds test material and results are available to specific deadlines.
- The inspection of product prior to despatch.
- Ensuring the calibration of in-house measuring equipment; scales, measuring equipment, pyrometers, CMM.
- Supporting the EH&S Manager with H&S activities.
The position is offered with a competitive salary and pension; working a 39-hour week over 4.5 days.
The ideal candidate would have CMM experience, although not essential, as full training will be given, and have good Microsoft Office skills.
It would be advantageous for the candidate to have a background in sand casting, but full training can be given.
Castalloy are recruiting a Technical Manager to support their continued growth at their UK Foundry in Darlaston, West Midlands.
As Technical Manager you will:
- Lead the technical team providing mentorship, expertise and innovation whilst promoting a culture of continuous improvement.
- Be responsible for the technical development, methods and metallurgy, quality system, new product introduction and process improvement.
In return Castalloy will offer an excellent remuneration package.
For more information about the job visit: www.noricangroup.com/careers
visit our website: www.castalloygroup.com
Applicants should email their C.V. and a covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing Date: Thursday 28th February 2019