Welcome to the recruitment section of our website.
Here you will find job vacancies for the castings industry.
ICME CURRENT VACANCIES
INDEPENDENT END-POINT ASSESSORS REQUIRED
A Freelance Opportunity
Casting, Foundry and Patternmaking Industry
The Institute of Cast Metals Engineers, ICME, are leading experts within the Casting, Foundry and Patternmaking industry, delivering high quality End Point Assessments.
ICME is leading the charge to drive and develop Technical Apprenticeships for the sector, working with Training Providers, Further Education Colleges and Employers.
What does the job involve?
The role of the independent End-Point Assessor is to carry out assessments against the relevant standard, to grade apprentices against specific criteria and provide detailed feedback to the Apprentice.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Independent End-Point Assessor
- Deliver high quality assessments in line with the apprenticeship Standard
- Undertake any retakes or resits with Apprentices
- Manage assessments and scheduling
- Communicate with apprentices, employers and training providers on assessments and grading criteria
- Complete assessment paperwork and provide detailed feedback to the learner on each assessment
- Utilise digital technology to provide an efficient method of delivery, record assessments
- Attend standardisation meetings to ensure high quality, consistency and compliance across the assessment of the standard
- Complete 3 days CPD per year within the industry to remain competent
- Administer and use the assessment tools required in the assessment plan
- Follow ICME policies and procedures for the End-Point Assessment process.
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant Assessor qualification, or be willing to work towards an Assessors Award
- Occupational competency within a Foundry or Patternmaking setting, at a minimum of supervisory level within the past 3 years
- Qualified to Level 3 or above in Casting, Foundry or Patternmaking discipline
- An understanding of Apprenticeship standards, the requirements of the Institute for Apprenticeships and any other regulators including industry bodies
- Experience of producing clear, accurate and succinct reports
- Proficient IT Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise
- A Driving Licence and willing to travel nationally
To apply please provide a copy of your current CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to advertise a vacancy on this website?
We can advertise your vacancy on our website – simply contact ICME for ad rates and for further information
Want to advertise a vacancy in the Foundry Trade Journal?
To advertise in the Foundry Trade Journal contact: email@example.com
Are you seeking employment?
If you are currently unemployed, and you are a member of the Institute, then you may advertise on this site and in the FTJ free of charge. Contact us now for further information; firstname.lastname@example.org