Welcome to the recruitment section of our website.
Here you will find job vacancies within the Castings Industry.
We want to create a central hub for recruitment within the Casting Industry.
ICME CURRENT VACANCIES
FREELANCE INDEPENDENT END-POINT ASSESSORS REQUIRED
A Freelance Opportunity
Casting, Foundry and Patternmaking Industry
The Institute of Cast Metals Engineers, ICME, are leading experts within the Casting, Foundry and Patternmaking industry, delivering high quality End Point Assessments.
ICME is leading the charge to drive and develop Technical Apprenticeships for the sector, working with Training Providers, Further Education Colleges and Employers.
What does the job involve?
The role of the independent End-Point Assessor is to carry out assessments against the relevant standard, to grade apprentices against specific criteria and provide detailed feedback to the Apprentice.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Independent End-Point Assessor
Essential Qualifications & Experience
To apply please provide a copy of your current CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Foundry Superintendent Required – Gateshead
Foundry Superintendent required for an Engineering company in Gateshead.
Reporting to the Foundry Manager, the Foundry Superintendent is a process-focused role covering melting, moulding and Rocast. The role will require an understanding of Melting with a bias to Rocast and Static Moulding. Working closely with Management and Supervision on a daily basis providing support and cover in Supervisory positions as and when business needs demand. This is primarily a dayshift position but shift working will be required, at times with short notice.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure that all hygiene, health and safety regulations are being observed.
• Responsible for all aspects of health and safety for all activities.
• Ensure that Housekeeping is maintained to set standards.
• Learn Foundry manufacturing processes including Rocast and Static profiling, moulding, casting, charge making and melting.
• Learn roll profiling.
• Once trained, have the ability to switch from role to role as production and manning demands.
• Carry out Safety inspections, risk assessments and develop company SOP’s & COP’s.
• Drive housekeeping improvements in all areas.
• Look for and develop production and quality improvements in all areas.
• Lead improvement teams/projects.
• Manage Moulding Supervision and Pattern Shop to ensure shift reports, safety Inspections and operator checklists are completed on time.
• Work to achieve agreed daily production plan in line with agreed company KPIs.
• Weekly report of planned verses actual performance based on safety, quality on time delivery and cost.
• Liaise with purchasing/technical on the buying of Materials.
• Act as a mentor/champion to develop people & production management skills of Mould Supervisors.
• Carry out investigations where employees conduct, performance or attendance is sub-standard. Liaise with the Management and HR on matters of discipline.
• Perform employee appraisals.
• Flexibility to cover holidays, absence and unforeseen circumstances is required along with additional hours from time to time to meet the departmental goals & KPIs.
• Carry out any reasonable request that is within your skill set and experience.
This is a full-time permanent role. In return we are offering a competitive salary up to £38,000 (depending on experience)
Application Process: Please contact email@example.com
We can advertise your vacancy on our website – simply contact ICME for ad rates and for further information
To advertise in the Foundry Trade Journal contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are currently unemployed, and you are a member of the Institute, then you may advertise on this site and in the FTJ free of charge. Contact us now for further information; email@example.com
Institute of Cast Metals Engineers
National Foundry Training Centre
Telephone: 0121 752 1810
website by HERRON + CO
Institute of Cast Metals Engineers