The Institute of Cast Metals Engineering (ICME) is seeking to recruit an experienced Training & Quality Manager to implement, develop and manage our organisational training strategy.
The ideal candidate would need to have:
• Proven experience in vocational training and apprenticeships or higher/further education
• Knowledge of the Common Inspection Framework and funding requirements
• Experience of implementing quality standards and policies and to ensure compliance
• Excellent IT, communication, leadership and organisations skills
• Track record in designing and executing successful training programs
• Knowledge of the castings industry (desirable)
The Institute of Cast Metals Engineers, ICME, is the Professional Engineering Institute for the Castings and Foundry Patternmaking sector and is a UK Registered Charity. ICME is seeking to become the lead provider of training and assessment for the industry using the new, purpose built National Foundry Training Centre, ECMS. The role of the Quality & Compliance Manager is to lead the Training Delivery Team to achieve the relevant training & quality objectives, develop the ICME business and marketing plan, self-assessment report and quality improvement plan for training and to be instrumental in driving a service which exceeds the expectations of ICME clients, highlighting areas for improvement and proactively implementing change and initiatives across the business.
Working with the Institute staff and the Business Development Manager, you will oversee the development of training programmes that are needed by industry. This is likely to involve coordinating industry experts to develop delivery plans and teaching & learning resources to meet learning objectives. The role will oversee the completion of new trailblazer standards at levels 2 and 3 with supporting materials and documents, including establishing End Point Assessment plans for use by ICME and other bodies.
The role will include full responsibility for ensuring all quality procedures are accurate, concise and consistent and that a timetable for periodic review of such procedures is in place.
The individual will need to build strong relationships with key internal stakeholders and with both new and existing ICME clients to facilitate continuous improvement and client satisfaction.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
The Training & Quality Manager is responsible for:
• implementing our quality standards and policies to ensure compliance. They will revise and develop procedures in line with quality and compliance standards that are determined by the various governing bodies, funding providers, lead providers, awarding bodies, key stakeholders and OFSTED.
• managing and coordinating the development of teaching and learning materials, systems and procedures for the delivery of apprenticeships, short courses and training programmes in foundry and patternmaking, to include practical programmes as well as off the job underpinning knowledge courses, to tight timescales.
• planning, prioritising and monitoring all workflow of the Training & Quality delivery team.
• quality checking the work of delivery team members, providing support and constructive coaching to embed learning.
• responsibility for implementation of initial assessment, learner induction, up-skilling and process training to groups and individuals, whilst ensuring training materials and operational process and procedural documentation remains accurate and up-to-date.
• Monitoring, coaching, motivating and developing individuals within the delivery team to meet business objectives and drive improvement.
• Undertaking any other duties as agreed by the ICME Trustees, which are deemed necessary and relevant to the Quality and Compliance role.
A natural forward planner, self-driven, innovative and results-orientated with a positive outlook. Keen for new experiences, responsibility and accountability, with a fresh pro-active approach to change and sharing of ideas. Takes personal responsibility for understanding the business environment within which ICME operates and keeping up-to-date with industry changes.
An attentive, patient and reliable team player, with the ability to remain calm under pressure, to build rapport quickly and develop strong working relationships for the benefit of the business.
Internal Quality Assurance experience
Previously worked as, and made a success of, a Quality role within Education
Previous experience with a training provider
Experience of and understanding of apprenticeships
In depth knowledge and understanding of the current FE skills sector
Excellent IT, analysis and reporting skills
Good communication and Influencing skills
Enhanced DBS Check
Proven experience in vocational training and apprenticeships or higher/further education.
Demonstrable experience assessing training needs, drafting business plans, creating learning plans and in setting smart objectives.
Knowledge of the castings industry (desirable)
Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively to meet tight timescales
Full-time, permanent (but part-time considered for the right candidate).
Suitable applicants should apply by sending a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Application closing date: 19th May 2018