A people organisation giving professional career guidance, support and development to individuals
ICME is the Institute for all individuals involved in the castings industry. This includes design engineers, metallurgists, moulders, pattermakers, CAD technicians, methods engineers, researchers and suppliers to the industry. The Institute has been in existence for over 100 years and is a registered charity, dedicated to serving the needs of its members in the industry. The Institute is run by its members, for its members.
Benefits of Membership
- Membership of a Professional Institute
- Grades of membership giving a professional pathway to demonstrate your knowledge and skills in the cast metals industry.
- With membership to the institute you can get professional grades with the Engineering Council.
- Awarding of CPD hours for you to demonstrate your continual career development
- Local branches with technical sessions and social events
- Networking with like-minded people
- Available training courses to suit your skills
- Member access to training with other organisations
- Access to member private health care scheme
- Access point for technical questions
- A member e Newsletter
- A free Technical journal (Foundry Trade Journal)
- Representation at the World Foundry Organisation (WFO)
- National Awards to recognise achievements by members and individuals.