A people organisation giving professional career guidance, support and development to individuals.
ICME is the Institute for all individuals involved in the castings industry. This includes design engineers, metallurgists, moulders, pattermakers, CAD technicians, methods engineers, researchers and suppliers to the industry. With a heritage of over 100 years, the Institute is a registered charity, dedicated to serving the needs of its members in the industry.
The Institute is run by its Members, for its Members – Members like you.
Benefits of Membership
- Membership of a Professional Institute
- Grades of membership giving a professional pathway to demonstrate your knowledge and skills in the cast metals industry.
- Access to professional grades with the Engineering Council.
- Awarding of CPD hours for you to demonstrate your continual career development
- Local branches with technical sessions and social events
- Networking with like-minded people at ICME events
- Training courses to suit your skills
- Access to training with other organisations
- Access to member private health care scheme with HMCA (for further information) – http://www.hmca.co.uk/icme
- Access point for technical questions
- A member e Newsletter
- A free Technical journal (Foundry Trade Journal)
- Representation at the World Foundry Organisation (WFO)
- National Awards to recognise achievements by members and individuals.