It may be possible to have your membership of ICME upgraded provided that you satisfy the requirements for the particular grade.

  • Are you working at the same level as someone who has completed an apprenticeship?
  • Are you supervising others?
  • Are you responsible for equipment or processes, or for project design and management?

If the answer to any of the above is yes then you could be eligible to upgrade your membership to Prof MICME and also become professional qualified as an Engineering Technician on the Engineering Council’s register of professional engineers. This then means that you can use the letters Eng Tech after your name.

If you have a degree and engineering experience then you may be able to register as an Incorporated Engineer (IEng) or a Chartered Engineer (CEng).

Phone the membership department for advice on 0121 752 1812 or complete the Membership Upgrade form below.

Membership Upgrade Form