Location: Delivery will be mainly at the purpose built National Foundry Training Centre, Tipton Road, Tipton, West Midlands, DY4 7UW. You will be required to travel nationwide on occasion so a car is essential.
Foundry Training Services Limited are pleased to announce we are now recruiting new members to join our team. The Metal Casting, Foundry & Patternmaking apprenticeship is proving to be successful and so therefore, we are looking to expand our team. Our purpose built training centre includes facilities for patternmaking and casting design, moulding, core making, metal melting and casting as well as the associated laboratories.
Reporting to the Training & Quality Manager this new role is expected to bring responsibilities as follows:
- Attend team and standardisation meetings.
- Prepare resources for delivery of theory and practical classes to apprentices at the National Foundry Training Centre.
- Train, coach and deliver the Apprenticeship Standard in Metal Casting, Foundry & Patternmaking Technician Level 3.
- Support learners to embed Functional Skills Maths and English to level 2.
- Support learners in the workplace and guide the learners to the End Point Assessment.
- Provide information and guidance to the learner and employer about the Apprenticeship Programme.
- Support the delivery of “Short Courses” & “Bespoke Courses” which will include group/classroom delivery.
- Work to specific quality processes and procedures and completion of targets.
- Help with enrolment of learners by discussing our courses and providing contact details to interested parties.
- Organise and maintain documentation regarding learners’ progress and provide reports on progression when required.
- Keep a record of your CPD.
The Ideal Candidate
A high calibre professional with a true passion for the foundry industry who is keen to see the industry develop further through focused training and transferrable skills.
- Self-motivated, creative, dynamic with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Assessor qualified, A1, TAQA, CAVA, or D32, D33 (Desirable).
- Recognised teaching qualification e.g. PTLLS or equivalent (Desirable however, must be willing to complete within the first year).
- Experience of coaching and assessing.
If you have the required background and experience, and believe you can make a contribution to the organisation then please forward your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org