Employers can apply for incentive payments for hiring a new apprentice. Lots of organisations have already expressed an interest in this support.
You can get the payment in 3 steps
1. Hire new apprentices between 1 August 2020 and 31 January 2021.
2. Apply for the payment after you have added new apprentices to their apprenticeship service account
3. You will be eligible for 2 equal instalments after the apprentice completes 90 and 365 days of their apprenticeship.
Apply now using the following link:
£2,000 for each new apprentice
For apprentices aged:
• 16 to 24, receive £2,000 in total
• 25 and over, receive £1,500 in total
You can spend the payment on anything to support your organisation’s costs, from facilities and travel to uniforms and salaries. This is in addition to the £1,000 payment already given to help employers meet the needs of some groups of apprentices in the workplace.