Date: 4th May 2022
Time: 9.30am – 4.00pm
Venue: United Cast Bar Ltd, Spital Lane, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S41 0EX
What’s in it for you?
Improve your knowledge of the metallurgy of ferrous casting alloys including grey and ductile irons, compacted graphite irons (CGI) and austempered
ductile irons (ADI).
• Introduction to cast irons – Brief history, standards, grades and properties
• Ferrous metallurgy – graphite forms, chemical composition, alloying and
• Metal treatments and process control
• SGI – production and control
• CGI – production and control
• ADI – production and control
• Special grades; SiMo, Ni-Resist, and other cast irons
• Ferrous casting defects
Who should attend?
Melt shop operators and supervisors, technicians, charge hands, new recruits and apprentices and all those looking to improve their knowledge of cast iron
For further information or to secure your place email:
email@example.com or call our team on 0121 752 1814
Help with fees
Help with Training Course fees for those from foundries or suppliers may be
available from the Foundry Training Trust. You may qualify for a grant, typically
50% towards the cost of this course. Support with travel & accommodation
costs may also be available. Visit www.foundrytrainingtrust.uk to find out more.
Cancellation Policy: The registration deadline is 7 working days prior to the first day of training.
Full refunds, less 25.00 handling fee are available prior to this date. After this date you may
send an alternative delegate to this event without additional charge. To request a cancellation
or to make a change to your booking, please contact FTSL on 0121 752 1810 / email info@