Date: 7th April 2022
Venue: Black Country and Marches Institute of Technology, Zoological Dr, Dudley DY1 4AE
What’s in it for you?
Improve your knowledge of how to design running and feeding systems to
produce sound castings in various casting processes and materials.
• Explain the advantages and disadvantages of different casting process and how this might affect your decision to choose.
• Understand the differences between pressurised and unpressurised running systems, and reasons for selecting them for different casting alloys.
• Describe the different elements of the running system and explain how they impact on the pouring of a mould.
• Apply knowledge to calculate simple running systems based on case studies given
• Understand the solidification of casting alloys and how it would impact on casting integrity
• Explain the different types of feeders, there advantages and disadvantages.
• Understand how to calculate feeder sizes and types to maximise yield whilst maintaining casting integrity
• Be aware of simulation packages to improve efficiency.
• Explain casting defects that could occur due to runner and feeder design
Who should attend?
These sessions would be suitable for technicians, engineers and staff working
in technical areas looking for an understanding of the principles of running and
feeding castings. The course is also suitable for non-technical staff seeking to
learn about the steps needed to produce quality cast components.
For further information or to secure your place, please email:
email@example.com or call our team on 0121 752 1814
Help with fees
Help with Training Course fees for those from foundries or suppliers may be
available from the Foundry Training Trust. You may qualify for a grant, typically
50% towards the cost of this course. Support with travel & accommodation
costs may also be available. Visit www.foundrytrainingtrust.uk to find out more.
Cancellation Policy: The registration deadline is 7 working days prior to the first day of training.
Full refunds, less 25.00 handling fee are available prior to this date. After this date you may send
an alternative delegate to this event without additional charge. To request a cancellation or to
make a change to your booking, please contact FTSL on 0121 752 1810 / email