What’s in it for you?
Improve your knowledge of the metallurgy of ferrous casting alloys including grey and ductile irons, compacted graphite irons (CGI) and austempered ductile irons (ADI).
- Introduction to cast irons – standards, grades and properties
- Ferrous metallurgy – graphite forms, chemical composition, alloying and phase changes
- Metal treatments and process control
- ADI – production and control
- CGI – production and control
- Special grades; low temperature and other cast irons
- Ferrous casting defects
Who should attend?
Melt shop operators and supervisors, technicians, charge hands, new recruits and apprentices and all those looking to improve their knowledge of cast iron metallurgy