What’s in it for you?
To understand the construction, operation and fundamental technology of melting in an induction furnace.
- Induction Melting Basics
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Furnace Operation and safety precautions
- Charging and pre-heating systems
- Refractory lining
- Electrical operation
- Other electric furnaces – Automatic pouring, Channel Holding & Vacuum Melting Furnaces
- Metallurgy of melting in electric induction furnaces
- 4 pm close and depart
Who should attend?
Melt shop operators and supervisors, technicians, charge hands, new recruits and apprentices and all those looking to improve their knowledge what a furnace is and how it works.