Who is the course for?
This course is for new recruits to the industry and operators who want to have an overview of the shell casting process for coremaking and moulding. The course would also suit non-technical staff who would like an appreciation of the casting process, such as administrators and HR professionals, as well as support staff in foundries.
- What is shell moulding – introduction to the process and some terminology
- Process steps in shell moulding
- Coremaking using the shell moulding process
- Advantages and disadvantages of shell casting
- Where are shell castings used – some applications
- Common defects and simple process control techniques
If you are interested in this bite size course please contact FTSL: Michala French on Tel: 0121 752 1814 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org